I'm sure you're all very, very interested to know all about me so here goes. I spent my childhood and teenage (and even the ealry 20s) in Dhaka, Bangladesh. Then I moved to the United States. Starting with Melbourne, Florida, where I was a student at Florida Institute of Technology, and later ending up in Austin, Texas. Both wonderful places, but Austin just a little better.
I'm sure you'd all agree, a good way to know a person is to find out about his interests. Mine are wide and always changing. I'll try to list some of them here.
You can also check my Bookmark to see my interestes. Of course, I have way too many sites that I like, and that is why I started maintaining a more comprehensive list of sites
- I play tennis but love to watch most
- Some of the groups/singers/musicians/composers I like (over others) and collect are Dire Straits, Kenny Rogers, Yanni, Mozart. I do like the more recent Pop groups emerging from Bangladesh too. You can also checkout my CD Collection .
- Sitcoms are my first choice, which also includes the British Comedies shown on PBS. My all time favoirite is probably Cheers and Seinfeld. Also I like NBC tuesday/thursday routine that include Wings, Mad About You, Frasier, Friends
Next to sitcoms I like StarTrek , that includes The Next Genaration, Deep Space Nine and Voyager .
- Dustin Hoffman and Meryll Streep are the best. Rain Man, Sophie's Choice, Kramer vs Kramer, The Trap, Of Human Bondage are a few of the best movies of all time, I think. Of course you may come back next week and find that I've changed this list. I've decided to start a DVD collection of the movies that I really have liked and would like to watch from time to time later on in the future.
- Arts & Literature
- The ability to write, paint, act in a way that makes others want to read whatyou write, watch [with amazement] what you paint/draw/sketch, hear what you sing is one of the most precious gift one could possibly be born with
- I myself am not a very good cook but I love to eat, Bangladeshi food being my favorite. Next to Bangladeshi food I like Oriental, American and TexMex but am not too crazy about Italian, though I'm always willing to give any new item a try. I do collect recipes and have got a little collection, which I'll later organize and put in here. For now you're welcome to try some of the other recipe collection people have already put out.
- I love cars and love to drive them even more. I bought my first new car about a year ago. It is a Nissan Maxima. But I also still have my '85/'86 Mazda 323 that's already got over 190k on it. Of course I have put the last 100k+ on it since September '96.
- For those of you who are interested in investing your money, this Invest web page is perfect. Also you may want to visit the Financenet web page.
- I can probably spend more time on a Computer than most people I know. Specially if it is connected to the internet.
BTW, if you are interested, you are welcome to checkout my Resume. This is not really very up-to-date, but this is the best I've got :o(
Also, I have some projects that you might be interested in. These are kind of my hobbies. You can also checkout some of my thoughts.